Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I'm Fine. Really. Just Terrific...


Posted by Christine

Don’t look at that picture on the left. That’s not really me. Honest.

Just because I have a December 28th deadline? As in three days after Christmas. You think that fazes me in the least?

Oh, no. Uh-uh. I’m just dandy here in Oklahoma. Just fine. Superb. Magnifique.

And we all know I've done all I can to minimize the holiday challenges this year. You know more than you ever wanted to about the way I decorated. The cutting back. The going for minimalist. It helped--my stress level, I mean. But you know, it’s really not a good idea to set up a deadline of 12/28. Not if you celebrate Christmas, anyway.

There are simply too many fun and distracting things to do during the holidays. We’ve been to parties. We gave one last Friday night. A Cranium party. Picture Trivial Pursuit with crafts and charades. That’s Cranium. I cooked nothing. Bought various finger foods from the local La Baguette and put them on my own plates. We had plenty of champagne. I played my favorite Christmas CDs. It was so fun. I want to do it again. Maybe tonight. Forget my page goals for tomorrow...

Also, I blew off an afternoon’s work last week so that Hunky Mensa Man could take me out with him to pick out my Christmas gift. Yes. I confess. I’m one of those women. Especially when diamonds are involved, I want to pick it out myself. And I did. It’s under the tree as I write this. I love thinking about how, in just a few days, I’ll be wearing it.

In fact, I love thinking about my bling more than my book right now. I am so bad, I just can’t stand it.

Cranium, anyone?

And what in your life gets back-burnered this time of year?

Oh, and if you haven’t already, vote for Kate, who is sizzling hot and doing us all proud as she continues to move up in RT’s American Title competition! Scroll down to read her entry’s synopsis. And for voting made easy, click on the Vote for Kate button to the right.

8 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, I think it is exercise. I know with all the holiday eating, I should definately exercise more not less (or in my case not at all). However, with the kids, shopping, decorating, baking and oh - work, there just isn't time for it. Luckily, the treadmill will wait for me. :)

Cady

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Hey, Cady. I so hear you. HMM and I went to the gym today after way too long away. All our gym buddies were asking where we'd been. Hah. Hope we get back there again before New Years.

But you're right. Funny thing about excercise equipment. It's always there...ready and waiting.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Chris, I feel your pain!! Holiday deadlines suck!!! I know you'll make it but ugh, the stress. Hope you can hang in there. The bling will be your reward!

And thanks for the plug! ;-)

And LOL, Cady, yeah, yeah, exercise helps with the stress and the eating but...no. Not gonna happen. Just no way.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Oh, Maureen. It's always good to know I'm not alone.

And it looks like we're all in agreement re exercise: we aren't!

Kate, oh yeah. The bling will be mine. Soon. Very soon...

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Yay, Susan! You're an inspiration to us all. So sorry about the phone. and the internet. And the sitting in the dark, shivering. Argh.

Okay. My work load is now on ignore.

Pass the eggnog?

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the picture Christine! Too funny! And I was just bitc-- er, complaining to my crit partners about how hard it is to write during this month and we too agree to hold off until after Monday!

I'll take a glass of that eggnog --- anyone got something with a bit of a kick to put in it?

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Meant to tell you, I love that picture of you, Chris! *g*

And my husband the bartender insists that Jameson's is the thing to add to eggnog. Much smoother flavor than brandy. And rum is out of the question.

Of course, I never considered Baileys. Yum!

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Christyne and Kate--re the picture. Well, that's the *inner* me. And the inner Maureen as well, apparently.

I do love this blog. I've even learned about better eggnog here.

And boy, do I need it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home