Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Monday, December 11, 2006

The Perfect Stocking Stuffer!

Posted by Kate

One week from today, the world will know which six finalists made it to Round Three of the American Title III Contest. I’m so on edge, I can barely type the words!!

As many of you know, my entry in the ATIII contest is The Kama Sutra Chronicles. I like to think it’s funny, sexy, suspenseful, and a fun, fast read. The one thing my book has never had is a paranormal theme.

Until now.

That’s right, paranormal is hot! So I’ve decided to spice up my hero and heroine and give them a touch more bite. Oh, it’s going to be sweet! And I’m going to change the name just slightly. I think you’ll like it.

I’m calling it The Cookie Sutra Chronicles!!

First there were vampires, then came werewolves, shapeshifters and demons. And now, just when you thought it was safe to go back into the kitchen ... aaarrgh!! Look out for the Gingerbread People!

Check this out! The Cookie Sutra is the cutest book and a perfect stocking stuffer! It combines the wit and wisdom of the ancient Kama Sutra with, you know, a gingerbread recipe. It's the perfect gift for the romance writing baker on your list!
The full title is The Cookie Sutra: An Ancient Treatise: that Love Shall Never Grow Stale. Nor Crumble, by Edward Jaye. I've already ordered my copy! And I'm sending thanks to my American Title III buddy, Jenny Gardiner, for the heads up on a book that could revolutionize my writing--and baking--style.

Yes, I'm a little crazy, but this holiday season will do that to you!

So ... what's cooking with you? Have you moved into holiday baking mode yet? Are you finished with your shopping? Need a stocking stuffer? *g*

9 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, our cookies didn't look quite like those ;), but my daughter and I started the baking this weekend. Some sugar cookies and some no-bake chocolate cookies - which since my daughter was helping got a generous helping of sprinkles. (First time I think I have seen sprinkles on no-bakes.
Maggie wants to bake some more next weekend, so I think we are going to make Pixies. I am having a ton of fun as when it was just Mike & I, I had quit baking, now I have a reason to do it again.

Cady

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

OMG! Kate, you just provided yet another coffee-spewing moment. ROFLOL. Luckily I wasn't *really* drinking coffee when I read that post!

Cady, send me some of your baked goods. LOL. I never did make anything but fudge. My mom always baked like a champion and I would eat hers...

Bought the stuff for fudge. Will make. Soon. With the J. Will *not* eat. Mwahaha. Yeah. Right...

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Cady, you are my idol!! I'm not a very good baker, I confess. But the good news is, I've discovered my boss's mother is the most incredible baker! She's now bringing her stuff into the office and selling it. It's so worth paying her because I've never tasted better fudge brownies than hers! And almond toffee that melts in your mouth? OMG, it's amazing!

Chris, good luck NOT eating the fudge! LOL. Is there anything in the whole world better than fudge???

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to eat. We made the chocolate no bakes on Saturday and I swear they will be gone by Tuesday (I knew we should have made a double batch). Luckily part of my holiday plan includes eating all of my sister's goodies when we go home for the holidays. She is an awesome baker. She always makes buckeyes (those chocolate covered peanut butter balls), chocolate covered cherries, bark, fudge, all sorts of cookies and these crazy butterscotch covered chinese noodle things. Compared to her, I am a definate slacker.

I must say I like Kate's plan on purchasing.

Cady

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Dana Diamond said...

*Love* it!

:) d

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jennifer Lyon said...

OMG, I went to amazon and one "reivewer" gave it two stars because "It's not a cookbook." LOL!! You think????

Too funny, Kate! You made me laugh!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Pat L. said...

What funny graphics. I dont ususally bake cookies and most of my shopping is done but not all.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great cookies LOL I'll never look at a gingerbread man/woman the same again.

I've baked a little but next week will be my time in the kitchen except this weekend son and dil are having Christmas for the families so I need to take homemade dinner rolls and anything else I want so I'll make some fudge, cookies and take out a loaf of pumpkin nut bread out of the freezer. My best fans, the inlaws, are not eating much so I haven't
felt like baking much.

As for shopping the dh & I went yesterday afternoon and will need to go again I'm sure but now to the wrapping at least the things I need for tomorrow LOL

My dh can't find the stockings at our house so I hope to get over there tomorrow to get the decorations. Hopefully next year we will be in one house!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Kate I got so excited looking at and thinkin those cookies I forgot to say I've all digits crossed for you but I'm sure that's not necessary YOU are the best writer in the group!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home