Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Monday, December 18, 2006

If it's Monday, American Title Results Are In!!!

That's right, it’s American Title Monday and that means I can finally reveal the results …

I made it through to Round Three!!! Woo hoo!!!

And oh YES, it’s time to VOTE again!!!

But first, I have to thank everyone for voting for me in Round Two, so Thanks, everyone!! Honestly, I’m shocked and thrilled that I’ve made it this far because I’m up against some fierce and talented competitors.

Now, the easiest way to vote for me is to click the button over there on the sidebar, the one that says "Vote For Kate!!!" Yes, that’s the one! Click on it, and it takes you to an email form that's all filled out and ready to go. Just hit “SEND,” and that's it! I can wait here while you vote ... hmm-de-dum ... hey, see how easy and fast that was? *g*

Okay, thanks again for voting and for spreading the word to all your friends!!

This month, your vote will determine the “Best Story Summary.” Here's my entry...

Gracie Sinclair is Librarian and Book Curator for a small, prestigious university. When she finds an antique French version of the Kama Sutra in a used book store, she’s stunned by the erotic drawings and her fantasies sparkle to life. Just once, she’d love to have a fling, but wild and willing men are scarce in her world. Her girlfriends recommend an intriguing online dating service and Gracie decides to join.

Seventy-two hours later, the biggest, baddest, sexiest man she’s ever seen shows up at the Library, and he’s not there to check out a book.

Cane Winslow has emerged from deep cover to salvage a critical overseas mission after a photograph of their most secret operative’s twin sister turns up on a monitored internet site. If the enemy finds the sexy Librarian before Cane does, Gracie could be killed in retaliation, Cane’s operative assassinated, and years of intelligence destroyed.

Gracie realizes she’s truly in danger and accompanies Cane, despite one little problem – she doesn’t have a sister.

At Gracie’s house, they surprise an intruder and find proof that the enemy has infiltrated Headquarters. Now Cane doesn’t know who to trust and he won’t risk Gracie’s safety by taking her to HQ. Gracie mentions her family’s isolated beach house and Cane agrees it’s a good hiding place.

In close quarters, with danger threatening, the tension builds until Cane and Gracie succumb to their overwhelming attraction and explore the dazzling rituals of the Kama Sutra. And vanquish the enemy, of course!

So, that's the condensed summary -- in less than 250 words! Not much room to mention any complicated plot twists! LOL. So now the question is ... what in the world will the judges have to say this month? Check out their comments and read all the entries at http://www.romantictimes.com/news_amtitle3.php

It’s the holiday season and everyone’s busy, so I truly appreciate you taking the time to vote! And again, if you have an extra minute, spread the word and tell all your friends to vote, too!! I need all the help I can get!!!

Happy Holidays!

14 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Congrats, Kate! Not surprised in the least, but still...

YAY!!!

Love the synopsis. Love the line, "...and he's not there to check out book."

Lots of yummy twists and turns. And sex, too. Kama Sutra style. What more can a reader ask for?

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Congratulations! Yahoo!

I also loved the line about not being there to check out the book. Oh, and the beach cabin. Yes, very nice.

This is so much fun! (And voting is so quick and easy!)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Oh, everyone, speaking of beach cabins... Surfer Guy and I are leaving today for a research trip to Malibu (the setting of the next three books I'll be writing).

We won't be back until Wednesday and I won't have internet access until then. I'll report in when I get back and hope to tell all...well, almost all. Surfer Guy and I have never been away alone since the boys were born! And we're staying at a place right on the beach in the "John Travolta" suite.

Should be interesting...

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kate. Can't wait for you to make it to the next round.

Christie - Have a great time on the beach - if you make it there. ;)

Cady

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Christie, enjoy! We'll miss you--and envy you!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey, thanks, Chris!!

Christie, have a wonderful time in Malibu!!

Hi, Cady! Thanks for the congrats! We'll see what happens...*g*

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful news.......just VOTED!!!

Congrats in makeing it through round 3 and ditto to the beach cabin.....loved it!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats, Kate!!! I'm so excited for you! I just posted it on The Writer's Vibe and I'm off to vote now...

Way to go! :-)

Michele

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Kate!! Doing Snoopy Dance of Joy over here.......not pretty. But you get the idea!

Congrats!!!

I already voted!

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Oh, and yes! I voted, too--before I wrote my first post.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Thanks for voting, everyone!!!

Susan, good to see you coming out from the cold. I hope the weather calms down up there!


Thanks Marilyn! Yes, good things happen in beach cabins! *g*

Hey Michele, I'm heading over to the Writer's Vibe right now! That's so cool - thanks!

Maureen, LOL...I'm sure you're grace personified on the dance floor! Much like myself. Snort!

Chris, thanks again for voting. You all are the best!!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah Kate!! Not surprised but continued congrats!

Love the summary...your hero sounds so yummy!

Christie...I am loving MLM...enjoy your trip!

Oh, and to totally change the subject...I finally got my website up and running!

www.christynebutler.com

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Christyne, it looks great! And now I know how you got your name. ;)

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Hey Christyne, thanks!

And big congratulations on your website! Very exciting!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home