Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Holiday Reading

I’m on deadline!!

I love saying that! Doing the work? Not so much! But I’m going to be quick today because I've got to get back to it.

I've been thinking about my favorite holiday reads since last week when Dianne Castell at the Brava Authors Blog brought up the subject, and I mentioned a few of mine in the comments section.

Do you think it’s telling that my favorite Christmas read is JD Robb’s “Holiday in Death?” Seriously, that’s the first one I came up with and since it’s about a really nasty serial killer, I’m wondering if that says something…weird…about me.

Well really, we all know I’m weird. But since I’m on deadline (oops, I said it again!) I don’t have time to think too deeply about it. Although I will say that since I live at the beach in sunny SoCal, I pretty much consider any story that takes place where there's snow a holiday read.

The good news is, we’re about to have a new favorite holiday read added to the list! Christie Ridgway’s Must Love Mistletoe comes out next week and I can’t wait to read it!!

Which books made it onto your Favorites List this year? Do you have a favorite holiday read you return to year after year?

Happy Thanksgiving to All!!

(Oh, and thanks so much for Voting for Kate!)

6 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Congrats to Christie on the faboo review!

I read A Christmas Carol at least every other year. *And* I watch the movie. The really old one in B&W.

Like Susan, I'm writing a Christmas book--A Bravo Christmas Reunion.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Oooh. The original Christmas Carol movie. Alastair Sim??? GREAT movie.

I don't really have a single favorite either, though HOLIDAY IN DEATH does get reread about now, so whatever it says about you Kate, I'm right there with you!

And, not to be bitter or anything, but my Nocturne, ETERNALLY got kicked off the WAlden's list by all the Christmas books! LOL.. of course, I was buying them too, so it's my own fault!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Wow, Susan, looks like Christie's on a role this month! Did you see her short story in RT about the office Christmas party? My HR manager xeroxed it and put it on the wall in her office!! *g*

Way to go, Christie!!

Christmas films are a big fave...I'll watch Love Actually anytime, but the brothers prefer National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. And there you have it, the difference between girls and boys!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Oh, YAY! I didn't know about Christie's new book. Thanks, Kate! How funny that we both blogged about holiday reads (and you're right about great minds and all that...LOL) ;-)

HOLIDAY IN DEATH is a must as well. I'm twisted enough to consider that a Christmas classic. LOL

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Thanks, guys! I'm excited about my Christmas book coming out. (Sorry I'm posting so late. The Official Thanksgiving Hostess of the Family has been cleaning all day!)

I love Christmas so it was great fun to write a Christmas book. And...I have some very cool news about my January New Year's book that I'll share on Friday.

Susan: Don't tease! You know I love sheik books and now I have to wait an entire year?! (It is my great wish in life to write a sheik book. So far I just adore reading them.)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dana Diamond said...

Thanks for sharing about Christie's mistletoe book.

Because I'm so holed up with my own deadlines I never would've seen it.

But now(!) someone's getting it for Christmas!

Good luck with the deadline!

And Christie, good luck with the book. It looks really cute and I hope to read it soon.

:) d

 

Post a Comment

<< Home