Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Kate Makes It To Round Two of American Title Contest!!

I've got happy dancing feet! I made it to Round Two!! Woo hoo!!

And now I'm shamelessely begging you to vote for me again!

The easiest way to vote is to click on the button over there on the sidebard, the one that says "Vote For Kate!!!" Yes, that button! Click on it, and it takes you to an email form that's all filled out and ready to go. Just hit “SEND,” and that's it! Go ahead, I'll wait right here! *g*

Your vote this month will determine the “Best Description of the Hero and Heroine.” Here's my entry...

Strait-laced librarian Gracie Sinclair’s fantasies are working overtime ever since she stumbled on a rare edition of the Kama Sutra. Now she wishes, just once, she’d meet a man who enjoys wild s-e-x, unlike ex-boyfriend Hubert. Sadly, wild men aren’t running loose in the library, so Gracie’s girlfriends recommend an online dating service. It’s not that she’s desperate, but it sounds like fun, so Gracie joins, sending her application and photograph into cyberspace. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?

Secret agent Cane Winslow has emerged from deep cover to salvage a mission that’s suddenly in jeopardy after a photograph of his secret operative’s twin sister appears on a monitored website. Cane is desperate to get Gracie Sinclair under cover before the enemy finds her, but once he meets her, Cane’s got to remind himself he’s a tough, commitment-phobic career operative and not the wild man of Gracie’s dreams.

So...will the judges hate my twins-separated-at-birth plotline? Will they be enraptured by my Librarian-Bodyguard scenario? Will Cane and Gracie live happily ever after? Will I make it to Round Three? It's up to you!! Be sure to vote, and tell all your friends to vote, too!!

To read all the entries, go to http://www.romantictimes.com/news_amtitle3.php

Cheers!

15 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Yay! Hooray, and you go, Kate!

Of course, we all knew you'd be here for the next round.

Breathlessly waiting for RT to put up the H/h descriptions....

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger sdpenson said...

Congratulations! Dana says you are just a delight and I can see that by your postings..wonderful sense of humor.

Can you send this button to vote to everyone ..it makes it so much easier for the "challenged".
So easy...I have worked in Technology for 20 years... Buttons make things so easy. We use all the time...must know that people that work in the industry want things easy...



Much luck to you!!!

~Sandy (Dana's Mom)

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Kate: Congratulations! I love the description of your characters and the plotline is so fun.

I've sent off my vote and await the results with fingers and toes crossed.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Yay for Kate! I just cast my vote.

Louise

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Okay I read the descriptions. Terrific!

And I voted. :)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I sent off my vote, Kate! Way to go!

Congrats on making it to the next round. :-)

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for Kate, but wow is that judge Flavia a bit mean. She is definately the Simon of the bunch.

Cady

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Excellent, Kate!!! LOVE the button.....I'm with Sandy. We should find a way to send that button to EVERYONE we've ever met!!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Wow, thanks you guys!!! I'm sneaking in from the day job to see who's here and I'm overwhelmed!! Thanks so much for voting and for telling all your friends and neighbors and distant relatives and....okay, I'll shut up!!

Hi SandraD, darling Dana's mom!! I'm loving the vote button, too!

Hey, Louise - Thanks for voting! (And if anyone gets the chance to take Louise's PR Drill Camp, do not pass it up. She's simply brilliant!!)

Hi Michele! Thanks!!

Cady, I completely agree! Flavia was so mean to everyone, wasn't she? But Leslie makes up for it by being such a sweetheart. Thanks for voting!!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger sdpenson said...

Oh..I did not know that I could say something that was not nice...but that person Flavia was really not very nice at all!


Maureen...I don't know if this is inappropriate place to say THANK YOU for my book!!! I started it last night and I have to tell you that you have a new fan!

** I love the button! Pass it on!!

~Sandy

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

LOL, Sandy!! Hell, it's always appropriate!! THANK YOU! I'm having so much fun getting to know you over at your darling Dana's blog! She's just too cute...

And Flavia makes Simon look like a good samaritan!!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Dana Diamond said...

Hi girls!

Kate,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Also, if one of you can send me the code to put that button one my blog, I'll try and figure out how to add it to mine too.

:) d

PS I'm lovin' this whole 'darling' trend. :)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger sdpenson said...

Maureen,

Well than I realllllly love your book. I left work early..sinus headache...with every intent on "sleeping" it off. I did sleep for a little while...but headache or not...:-) ...I am reading your book and truly enjoying the heck out of it.

Really nice to get to know you too and I like you too.

Dana ...well ok she is 99.9% a darling...I'm her mom I can say that. No really...she is truly a nice person ... I have to say that all of you are just so giving to each other.

I read your blog now that I learned the title of it. (DeadlineDiaries) I don't post on others (except Mary and Gillian)because I am not a writer but I read and enjoy them all...

Headache better...back to that magnificient hunk of a man...ok I like her too (Julie) but he is wonderful!

Again...good luck Kate!You ARE a darling!

~Sandy

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Sandy, you are clearly darling Dana's darling Mom!!

And yes, it's always appropriate to tell Maureen how fabulous her books are. I tell her all the time! *g*

Same goes for Susan and Christie and Chris, of course. I'm so lucky, I'm surrounded by brilliance!

Hi, Dana! Ooh, thanks!! I'll send you the code! You darling thing! LOL

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kate, I'm so happy for you and I must say that my four email addresses voted as well.

Susan, you will love this, Ron voted and yes I'm hanging my head.

So, I'm going to do it again and wishing you Kate, the very best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home