Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's Sunday and another interesting site!


A friend of mine is one of the comedy writer-contributors to a site called www.topfive.com. Since 1994, they have daily posted Top Ten-like lists. Each day they send out the topic to a group of writers and the writers e-mail back with their best lines. Then the moderator picks from them for that day's list.

My friend drew my attention to the site this week when I heard about their list, "The Top 5 Wreath Inscriptions at Steve Irwin's Funeral." I'd like to think that Steve would get a kick out of their selections. This is my favorite:

"You will be remembered." --The Elephant Guild.

My family and I loved Steve and watched the Crocodile Hunter together many, many times. So we join with the Elephant Guild and pledge to keep him in our memories.

4 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Christie, love this one! My favorite was the first pic of baby Suri. Got my coffee on the keyboard at the sight of that.

Love it!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

You've ruined my life!! I LOVE this site!!! It's just what I needed, another way to avoid writing. LOL

Loved Top Ten signs it's really Tom Cruise's baby..."Dada?" NO! "Dadanetics."

Thanks!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Oh, Christie, that place is hilarious!! Thanks for the new displacement activity!!

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the fun link!I signed up for the free dailies.

(Psst...Chris R....Hi from the former Susan Liepitz aka Susan Leslie Phillips, now writing as Gillian Doyle.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home