Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cool site!


Last weekend my newspaper had an article about the very cool music genome project. You can read all about it at www.pandora.com.

But what is really fun about the site is that you can type in an artist or song name and they will create for you a musical playlist that corresponds to what you like about that song or artist. You can do it any number of times to create "stations" that you can listen to and you can also give feedback as songs are played on your station. Say you dislike a particular song they've chosen, you can give it a thumb's down and your station won't play it again.

Give it a try! After a bit it will ask you to register, but it's free. It's really fun and is a great way to be introduced to artists you might not find on your own.

Have fun, and happy Sunday! I'm doing loads of laundry and trying to talk myself into going to the gym.

6 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awesome. I am such a music lover. I recently had to buy an iPod so that I could, literally, never leave my musc behind. Now I know I will be adding more songs because of this sight. Thanks!

Erin Stern

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Glad you like it, Erin! Isn't it fun? I have iPod envy. My son has one and so does everyone at the gym. I read books or magazines while I'm sweating but I think it would all go faster with music.

Maybe Christmas...

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Love it. Okay, I'm a primitive, have a CD library. This is great for choosing more to buy!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

What a cool site! Thanks. I'm hoping to win a new iPod in my chapter's raffle next month! Otherwise...yup, Christmas.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Kate: You can still play with Pandora.com by listening through your computer. That's what I do!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Christie, that was GREAT!! Though yes, since I'm still on dialup--not a word, Susan!--it's a bit more challenging to hear a whole song!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home