Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Shameless Self Promotion


posted by Maureen

My December Desire, BEYOND THE BOARDROOM is out on the shelves now, so I thought I’d blog about it for a little self promotion!

And speaking of promotion, (how’s THAT for a segue??) I took an online PR course not long ago, given by the Orange County Chapter of RWA. Our teacher was Louise Knott Ahearn and let me tell you, that woman is brilliant! Most writers are, like me, a little publicity challenged. We don’t tend to think of great marketing ideas or ways to get our books and our names out in front of people. In Louise’s online class though, we learned so much it was amazing! She’ll be giving that class again in 07, so if you get the chance to take it, do yourself a favor and sign up!

Anyway, back to BEYOND THE BOARDROOM...if I do say so myself, it’s a terrific story. Funny, sexy and fast paced, I think you’ll love it! Here’s a teaser...

Everything changed the night that executive assistant Rachel Adler indulged her fantasy and slept with her boss. Shane Elliott was better than any dream, but having gone to bed with the executive, Rachel knew she could no longer work with Shane.

Engaged in a battle to control his family's empire, Shane would not accept her notice. Rachel was his right-hand woman--he needed her. And after their incredible night together, he wanted her. The millionaire magazine scion had gotten everything he'd ever wanted. But could he get Rachel in his boardroom…and his bedroom?

15 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Maureen, I do love that cover. Looks almost as good as the book! May I only add my favorite word?

YUM!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Wow, thanks Maureen! What a great plug!!!

The book sounds great. And never, ever feel bad about "shameless self promotion."

Louise :)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Thanks, Chris, it IS a great cover!

Louise.......LOL, you really are the best!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Susan Mallery said...

What Maureen didn't mention is that she's # 1 on the Walden's list. So yeah!!

 
At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Kim said...

I have it on my Christmas list. I will send dh and the boys out with that list clutched in their hands. I also have Susan and Christie's newest.

I am so sad that Susan's next installment in the Buchanans story isn't out until after Christmas.

Have a lovely day ladies!

Kim

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Hey Kim, thanks for putting me on your list!

And Susan, thanks! And let's hear it for Susan at #3 on Walden's!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm hooked, I have to get the book!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

I just came home from Target with your book and Susan's in my bag! Can't wait to read them.

I LOOVE boss/assistant stories!

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Yum is right!! I'm getting my very own autographed copy this weekend!!!

And Numero Uno!! Woo hoo!!!

Also Congrats to Susan at #3!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Maureen, that book sounds GREAT! I'm definitely going to pick it up!! The cover is grogeous too!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Kathleen said...

Congrats, Maureen, on being #1!!!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Jen--ooh, so glad you're hooked!!

Christie, THANKS! LOL......hope you like it!

Kate, I'll see you at Starbucks on Saturday!

Kathleen, Thanks! Isn't that cover amazingly good?? I was sooo pleased. Let me know what you think of it!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Oh, yeah. I'm with Christie--love those boss/secty stories!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Dana Diamond said...

It looks really good. Shh...Mom will be getting it in her stocking.

:) d

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

replica watches for sale
jordan 3 infrared
fitflops
ghd flat iron
hollister clothing
michael kors handbags
supra sneakers
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
hollister outlet
jordan 3
jordan shoes
ralph lauren polo
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
nike basketball shoes
ralph lauren outlet
mont blanc pens
michael kors outlet
kobe shoes 11
michael kors outlet clearance
fake watches
toms outlet
adidas uk
beats wireless headphones
ralph lauren uk
louboutin pas cher
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin shoes
tiffany outlet
coach outlet store online
adidas shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
toms shoes
michael kors handbags
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton
2016.7.1haungqin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home