Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Great Read!


Posted by Susan

For the record, the weather in Seattle has been wildly unpleasant! I have lived in windy places before, but I've never experienced anything like this in my life!! It was a major storm last Thursday night, and scary. We were one of the lucky ones. Only lost power and a few trees and none hit the house. Hank, our coffee drinking bear carving, was attacked by a falling tree. Until we get the tree cut up and taken away, I can't tell if he's injured.

All is well now. We have power and for the record, I love electricity. It's a marvelous invention!!

But enough of that. I wanted to post about Christie's book, which I read right before the storm. It's fabulous!! Sooooooo fun and Christmas-y and very, very sexy!

I loved everything about it. I love the characters, the setting, the secondary love story. Bailey is a great heroine--just one of those characters who comes alive from the first page. Finn is incredibly hot and dangerous and sexy and emotionally wounded. Talk about an impossible-to-resist combination! It was a totally yummy read. I can't recommend it enough! It's great for the season and to give as a gift. ;)

10 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST WANT TO PUT MY TWO CENTS WORTH IN, I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING SUSAN SAID ABOUT CHRISTIE'S NEW BOOK, I LOVED IT, EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT TO GET INTO THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.

VERY WELL DONE!!!

MCM

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

It's next on my list! Can't wait.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

And Susan, so glad you're back home and safe. Waiting to hear how the bear made out.

I'm sure he's fine!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Can't wait to read it, Christie!!

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Barbs said...

I hope I get to go shopping one more time before Christmas so I can pick up Christie's book after all these recommendations LOL I'm embarrassed to say I didn't remember to get it when in Borders the other day of course I had dh with me so I couldn't look at the romance section. He even commented that I didn't get a romance but it was with all my willpower I didn't LOL I have to figure out how I'm going to bring all of TBR and my keepers here to the inlaws LOL

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Barbs said...

Oh Susan I forgot to say glad life is almost normal for you now. Hope Hank wasn't hurt!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Devonna said...

I bought this one last week and am really looking forward to reading it. I'm anxiously waiting for January for when Not Another New Year's comes out.

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Stacy S said...

I read Christie's MLM, and its great. But, I like all of her books. Gonna get Not Another New Year. It looks good. Everyone should read MLM.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

Christie's book is going to be my reward once I've finished my re-write!

Susan, so glad you're safe and warm! And I've got my fingers crossed that Hank survived the storm. Keep us posted.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Susan: Glad you're okay and are with us again!

Thanks so much for the kind words about MLM. I'm very glad you enjoyed it. I love Christmas so it was a fun book to write.

Thanks also MCM, Devonna, and Stacy S!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home