Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wildlife



Welcome to my backyard, where yes, there is wildlife. I saw this artist's work shortly after we moved to Seattle, but wasn't sure what to do about getting a piece. We were in temporary housing and everything he did was so darned realistic. So not me!

Then I saw a bear similar to the one on top and knew I had to have a carving just like that. Who can resist a bear who loves his coffee? He's Hank, by the way. I can see him out my kitchen window. In the morning, the sun hits his happy face and I smile. His friend is Walter. Walter, like me, is not a morning person. He's just a little crabby.

So this is part of my yard. I wasn't kidding about the woods. There they are, in the background. And my husband has informed me I'd better not get used to seeing Hank with the morning sun on his face. This is Seattle, after all, and fall is nearly here. Once it arrives, there won't be any sun. Just rain. Oh, joy.

I'm moving Walter to the deck. Hank's cheerfulness gets on his nerves. Walter and I will be grumpy together.

9 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

LOLOL.........I love this, Susan!! I'm with Walter, though. Hank's cheerfulness would be hard to take! =) I love these guys!!!

And oh, how I envy you your weather!!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Hank and Walter are great, Susan! We were on Lake Arrowhead (in California's San Bernardino Mountains) this summer and I believe I saw some of their relatives on some properties along the shoreline.

San Diego's weather has finally cooled down. Last week it was HOT. Tonight we are having a neighborhood progressive dinner, mostly outside, and I'm going to need long pants and a sweatshirt once the sun goes down.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

So fun. Thanks, Susan!

Well, I think Hank's kind of cuddly. But yes, I confess, I'm a morning person.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

You seriously ARE a morning person, Chris!! You're even an EXERCISE in the morning person!! yee gods.....and yet, I love you!

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Kate said...

Good morning! Hank is so adorable! And how nice for him to have Walter to antagonize with his cheeriness. Always a plus.

Guess I'm sort of a morning person, too, as long as I have time to relax and drink coffee and stare at the walls.

I'm in Balboa, desperately seeking unsecured wireless networks...
and it's overcast, which I love. Keeps away the riff raff, you know. *g*

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Oh, yes, Kate. The Odd Couple of bear art! And good luck with the wireless search...

Maureen, XOXOXO, baby.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Loretta said...

I just love the bears. Would love to have something like this in my front yard. I live in Az. and have desert around me. Wouldn't the bears look funny is a desert yard. lol.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Hey Loretta! I love Susan's bears too! But you know, if they were the only bears in AZ, wouldn't they feel special???

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

replica watches for sale
jordan 3 infrared
fitflops
ghd flat iron
hollister clothing
michael kors handbags
supra sneakers
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
hollister outlet
jordan 3
jordan shoes
ralph lauren polo
oakley sunglasses wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
nike basketball shoes
ralph lauren outlet
mont blanc pens
michael kors outlet
kobe shoes 11
michael kors outlet clearance
fake watches
toms outlet
adidas uk
beats wireless headphones
ralph lauren uk
louboutin pas cher
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
ray ban sunglasses
christian louboutin shoes
tiffany outlet
coach outlet store online
adidas shoes
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
toms shoes
michael kors handbags
true religion outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton
2016.7.1haungqin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home