Deadline Diaries

Five Romance writers tell all.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Boys and Girls and Dogs and Cats

Posted by Maureen


So, was going to whine about my latest WIP, but hey, who wants to hear that??? Instead, I thought about the pictures Chris posted on Sunday of her cats, and thought that maybe dogs should get equal billing!

This is a picture of Bristow. He belongs to my daughter Sarah and her husband, so I suppose that makes him officially, my Grand Dog. He’s a white lab and just a big sweetie. He’s only six months old and judging from the size of his paws, I’m thinking he’ll be eating Chicago by the time he’s grown.

Sarah was raised with girl dogs. So when her husband fell in love with Bristow, this was not in her plan. The plan was, they would get a Golden Retriever female. Just like our last dog Abbey—whose ghost is still seen from time to time in my house. Imagine Sarah’s surprise then, to be dealing with a boy. Not just any boy, either. A BIG boy. One who eats her hibiscus plants, gnaws through the television cable and is now halfway finished chewing through the fence to freedom!

Bristow, (named for Sarah’s favorite character on her favorite show, Alias), is big, clumsy and takes my daughter on walks every day. Rather, he drags her. So now he’s been signed up to an obedience class and I’m sure he’ll have Sarah trained in no time.

As for my daughter, she’s discovered that loving boy dogs is just as easy as loving girls.

14 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Susan Mallery said...

What a cutie!! I think his whole head is bigger than Nikki, possibly the world's cutest dog!

I'm with Sarah on boy dogs. Of course I have a male cat, but Jake isn't really...masculine. He's kinda whiny and delicate. Which is why I like him!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

LOL, Susan, Bristow is huge! And such a big baby...he's convinced he's a lapdog!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

I love males of all species. Well, most of the time...

And Maureen, grand-doggy is totally adorable and just has one of those faces that makes you want to hug him.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Chris, he totally does. When he goes through his whole 'dance of joy' greeting, you can't help but want to snuggle him!

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOWDY, I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GIRL DOGS
AND I REALLY LOVE THEM, THE LAST DOGGIE I HAD WAS HOLLY, AND I LOVED HER SO MUCH, SHE WAS SO SWEET I KNEW I COULD NOT REPLACE HER, SOOOOOOOO I GOT A CAT, AND WHAT AN EYEOPENER THAT IS. THEY ARE JUST SO INDEPENDENT AND SLEEP ALMOST ALL DAY LONG.

BEST THING IS SHE IS POTTY TRAINED FROM THE FIRST DAY AND THATS GREAT.
WORST THING IS WHEN SHE SEES MY SUITCASE COME OUT SHE WAITS FOR ME TO WALK DOWN THE HALL AND ATTACKS THE BACK OF MY LEGS CAUSE AT THAT TIME I AM CONVINCED SHE HATES ME FOR LEAVING HER, BUT WHO KNOWS HER REASON. I LOVE HER ANYWAY LOL.

MOM

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Kate Carlisle said...

He's the cutest grand doggy!! I know you're very proud! Although...I know he's a blonde and all, but I don't really see a family resemblance. Probably a good thing. *g*

(Note to Susan: We want Nikki!!)

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

How can anyone look at that picture and NOT fall in love? I bet he gets your daughter trained, soon, LOL!

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Christine Rimmer said...

Jen, oh, don't you know it!

MCM--love the cat story. I so relate. Tom and Ed go into a total blue funk when the suitcases come out. They know they're off to be boarded, that hellhole of the Western World, where they are treated perfectly nicely. But still, it's just not home and they hate it.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Hi MCM (that's Maureen's Cool Mom).. and hey, your cat's crazy!!

Kate...he looks just like Sarah's husband! LOL...Just kidding, sweetie...

Jen, Sarah's already pretty well trained. Bristow's got her up and seeing to his every need. Can't wait for the dragging on the leash class to start!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Christie Ridgway said...

Okay, I'm officially in love with Bristow as well. And he must be related in some way to "the best dog in the world" (as we call him) our yellow lab, Harlow. He just had his 12th birthday and is the most loving, caring, wonderful member of our family.

He's past all that chewing stage stuff, of course! One hint, you can get these big bones with nooks and crannies that you can put peanut butter inside and it keeps them occupied for hours.

Puppies are so dang cute.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Oooh! Christie!! Thanks for the peanut butter idea! I'll tell Sarah. He mostly eats the backyard when they're gone at work during the day. I think he's punishing them! =)

Our Abbey, the other best dog in the world, has been gone for three years and I still miss her!

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Jill said...

Bristow is the cutest. thing. ever.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Maureen Child said...

Awww. Thanks, Jill!! He's such a sweetheart.

And just heard from Sarah that he ate the cover to the barbecue. Wasn't that thoughtful???

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Xiaozhengm 520 said...

jordan concords
michael kors outlet clearance
toms shoes
adidas nmd
ray bans
coach factory outlet
nike huarache shoes
michael kors outlet
polo ralph shirts
nike air jordan
cartier watches
louis vuitton
air jordans
louis vuitton handbags
designer handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
nike air max
toms shoes
burberry outlet
nike sb shoes
air jordan pas cher
louis vuitton outlet online
nike huarache shoes
ralph lauren polo
toms
air jordan 13
nike air huarache
asics shoes
jordan 4 toro
jeremy scott shoes
true religion jeans
true religion jeans
ray-ban sunglasses
lebron 12
instyler curling iron
timberland outlet
ray ban sunglasses
burberry outlet online
nike roshe run
2016.7.1haungqin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home